The idea of making homemade pasta may sound quiet intimidating. But starting pasta from scratch is actually incredibly easy than most people would imagine.
By making your own pasta dough, you have an unlimited number of options available to you to create your own personal pasta dishes.
– 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour or semolina flour
– 3 eggs
– 1 pinch salt.
– 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
1. To start, mound your on a large pastry board or the counter and make a well in the centre
2. Break the eggs into the well, add salt and olive and scramble with fork.
3. Mix the flour and egg together by slowly bring more flour in from the inside edges of the well. Continue mixing with the fork until you have a soft dough.
4. Knead the ball of dough as you would bread, pushing it down with the heel of your hand. Do this for about 5-7 mins.
5. Roll the dough into a smooth ball and wrap in a plastic wrap and let rest for 30mins.
6. Take the ball of dough, remove the plastic and press it into a disk on a lightly floured surface and roll the dough and keep it lightly floured and turning as you roll.
7. Keep rolling till it is almost see through.
8. Cut to any shape of your choice with a sharp knife.